How to feel more energized
Written by guest author N.P.Burggraaff
Are you one of those people that gets tried quite easily? Perhaps there’s no apparent reason why your energy levels are low. Don’t worry, you can easily feel reenergized! Just follow the below tips that can boost your energy levels and get you ready to roll!
1. Get a good night’s sleep. This means, go to bed earlier than usual and don’t let yourself be distracted by anything else such as music or your phone. Aim for no less than 8 or 9 hours of sleep a night. You will instantly wake up with more energy.
2. Avoid unrefined carbs and high sugar foods. Unrefined carbs are great for a quick energy boost as your insulin levels will skyrocket when you eat sugar. However, this high will only last for a short while. When the high disappears, the low will be much more effective. This means processed carbs and high sugar foods will leave you with less energy. If you are ever low on energy, eat foods that release sugar slowly. Think of wholegrain or proteins. A midday oatmeal snack and/or some green tea are great ways to make you feel refreshed.
3. Enjoy some fresh air. Sitting at an office all day staring at your screen is not going to give you an energy boost. If you can, enjoy your lunch outside or go walk to get some fresh air. This really works and will give you a real boost.
4. Take some time to make an uplifting playlist. Compile a list of your favorite songs that puts you in a good mood and gets you ready to seize the day.
5. Do something fun. Call a friend, go for a run eat, take the dog for a walk or listen to your favorite song. Fun things can really rev up your energy levels.
6. Eat a hearty breakfast. This is the most important meal of the day! When you start your day with a filling and nutritious breakfast, you'll be full of energy and on the go.
7. Work on goals that you really believe in. Working towards something that you have a passion for generates energy.
8. Keep hydrated. Staying hydrated is a surefire way to keep your energy levels high. Stick to water and avoid beverages that are loaded with calories.
9. Break your pattern. Always doing the same thing gets boring and is a guarantee to lose your motivation and energy levels. Doing something new invigorates your senses and thus creates energy.
10. Eliminate negative people. Negative people can be really draining. Always surround yourself with positive and energetic people so their vibrant attitudes can rub off on you.
11. Have some dark chocolate. Dark chocolate gives you an endorphin rush as well as a slight caffeine rush. Plus, it tastes great!
12. Eat all sorts of berries. Eat them, eat lots of them. They contain many anti-oxidants which boosts your energy! (Same goes for green tea).
13. Make the most of the daylight. If you live in a country where it gets dark relatively early inthe day, you should wake up early and enjoy the daylight/sun. A sunny day is a great energy booster just as a gloomy day depletes you from energy.
15. Splash some cold water on your face. This wakes you up for sure!