Best vitamins supplements to take for mental focus
Written by guest author Brenan Quirante
Some people search for supplements and vitamins to help them improve their memory, cognitive ability and focus. It's not easy focusing on tasks that don't seem interesting to you, especially when it comes to studying. This applies to people of all ages but can most notably be seen with students. When you have a lot of work and a lot to study, you get reluctant on doing what's supposed to be done. More often than not, this problem persists and people end up not doing their job. If you fit into this category and are looking to change that, look no further! We will mention some great supplements and vitamins that should help boost your mental focus, memory and interest.
Supplements and vitamins
- Alpha GPC – This chemical is a version of choline which is made synthetically. Alpha GPC supplements work differently from the usual and basic choline supplements. It rapidly moves the choline into the brain and brain cells where the brain uses it to create new, healthy brain cell membranes. It also helps with the growth of fresh brain cells and the levels of neurotransmitters which are responsible for relaxation. Its main job is to improve memory in people - this applies to everyone, whether they are 18 or 66 or more! Another cool benefit is help with warding off illnesses that are associated with old age. There are special Alpha GPC Nootropic Supplements which you can use to help improve your memory.
- Curcumin – This ingredient can be found in the spice Turmeric which is native to India. Curcumin itself has many health benefits like being antiviral, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, etc. The ingredient also protects your brain in many ways. Curcumin is known to increase the levels of serotonin and dopamine – chemicals which cause what we call 'happiness'. It helps with memory loss as well as boosting one's memory that isn't bad. If you want to increase your ability to remember things, taking Curcumin supplements will give you an edge.
- Piracetam – This supplement boosts cognitive ability and is primarily used in Europe and Asia. The United States haven't recognized this as legal and it is therefore forbidden to use. It is a nootropic supplement and you can find them online. There is also evidence that it helps with dementia and slows the decay of brain cells. There have been a few studies that show this drug being very effective in older patients. The supplement is most popular with students who have a lot going on and cannot effectively study without something to boost their abilities.
- Noopept – This is probably one of the best supplements you could buy. Numerous users reported a staggering increase in cognitive ability, memory, learning ability and even verbal communication skills. It is a nootropic supplement that is one of the most popular ones on the market. It isn't very expensive either. If you are looking for something to take care of everything at once, then this is probably the right choice. A plethora of positive reviews and satisfied users of Noopept (powder) is a sign that it's the thing everyone is looking for!
- DHA – This is an acid that is very important to the brain and a lack of it can cause many issues. It's found in the part of the brain which is responsible for creativity, emotions, language, memory, and attention. Low levels of this acid have been linked with depression and anger, and even some more serious problems. This is why you should take supplements which are related to DHA – they not only help improve all mental abilities, they also keep the levels of DHA in check. You don't want to have a lack of this acid because problems that we mentioned are surely not needed.
-Citicoline – This is a natural compound that you can find in every cell of the human body. It isn't well known for some reason but it can be described as being the best supplement that you can get. On par with Noopept, Citicoline is a huge booster. It increases blood flow to the brain and causes cells to regenerate as well as create new ones. Another healthy benefit you get from using Citicoline is the reduction of free radical damage and inflammation. Supplements with Citicoline can help improve memory, focus, concentration and attention.
These are just a small number of supplements available for you to use to help yourself mentally. Some of these help with other things as well, whilst a deficit of others can potentially mean harm. You should also check which ones you are able to use because some people react badly to some additives and vitamins. Even though they are found in your body, taking them can cause issues. There are also a lot of others out there and you shouldn't shy away from researching themselves. We don't have a lot of space here to cover all of them, but trust us – it's worth exploring. You might find something better for yourself as only you can know exactly what you need. Taking these supplements isn't necessary but it is recommended if you are having issues with memory, focus, concentration, etc. There are ways that you can fix this problem without supplements but an easier and healthier way is to simply find the ones that are good for you and start taking them. Most supplements contain natural ingredients that can already be found in our body. Things like Turmeric have so many benefits regarding the whole body it's worth taking it each and every day. There are a few recipes for making things with Turmeric and we're sure they're tasty and healthy. Others are just necessities like DHA and you shouldn't let yourself have a deficit of that. All in all, supplements open many doors to people and they don't have almost any side-effects. You should still look into each one and consult with your nutritionist or doctor on which ones to take.